Information We Collect
There are several ways we may obtain information about you, including through (i) information you provide to us directly; iiB) information that we automatically collect; and (iii) information we receive from third parties. This includes data that identifies you personally whether directly (i.e., your name) or indirectly (i.e., information about your online use).
A. Information You Provide
We collect personal information about you in various ways, online, offline, and by telephone. The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Information You Provide When You Interact with the Website.
- We collect your name, postal address, email address, mobile or other telephone number, username and password if you register an account with us.
- We collect content information you provide, including photos and comments.
- We collect customer service inquiries, and related history that you share with us.
- We collect information you provide regarding your personal or professional interests, date of birth, anniversary date, demographics (such as gender, occupation, income and marital status), experiences with our products, and shopping and contact preferences.
- We also may collect information about the location of the devices used to access the Website ("Location Data"). Location Data includes: (a) the location of the mobile device or tablet derived from GPS or WiFi use; (b) the IP address of the mobile device or tablet or internet service used to access the Website; and (c) other information made available by a user or others that indicates the current or prior location of the user, such as geotag information in photographs. If you do not want us to collect Location Data from your device, please delete the app or disable the location settings on your device or tablet. Note, however, that disabling the location setting may affect your ability to access and use that app.
- Information You Provide When You Make a Purchase. If you make a purchase from us, we collect a credit/debit card number and related financial information (such as CVV, expiration date, and billing address), or other payment information (such as via PayPal or Apple Pay), depending on the form of payment you choose. We also collect purchase, return, wish list and transaction information.
- Information You Provide Through Social Media. You may also be given the option to link to your social media account through the Website. When you do, we may automatically receive certain information about you based on your registration and privacy settings on those third party services. This may include name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, location, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity.
B. Information Automatically Collected
Whenever you visit our Website, we, and our third-party advertisers and service providers, may use a variety of technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, local shared objects (Flash cookies), HTML5 cookies, or other technologies to automatically or passively collect certain information about your online activity, such as the following:
- Computer or Device Information. We may automatically collect about your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or other unique identifier (cookies) or information from the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device you use to access the Website, including but not limited to your IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, domain and other system settings, search queries, device characteristics, operating system type, language preferences, referring URLs, actions taken on our site, dates and times of website visits, metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. While you can change your cookies settings in your browser, without cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Website.
- Usage Information. We may use local shared objects to collect and store information about your preferences and how you interact with our Website, including the date and time of your visits, the areas or pages you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Website, the number of times you return to the Website, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Website, and other sites that you may visit.
C. Information Collected From Other Sources
We may acquire information from other sources as follows:
- From other trusted third-party sources that selectively display ads based on browsing history. The information collected includes, for example, your demographic information, media consumption, previous purchases, shopping habits, loyalty program information, lifestyle preferences, or information to validate or update the information we collect from or about you. For more information about your choices about ads displayed online please visit AdChoices and NetworkAdvertising.
- From our partners and service providers (including, for example, business partners, analytics and other data vendors, advertising networks and search information providers).
D. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information described above for the following business purposes:
- to provide our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide requested products and services;
- to process and track orders;
- to respond to comments, questions, or concerns;
- to prevent and detect fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- to alert you about a product safety announcement or recall or correction of an offer, promotion, or advertisement;
- to keep a record of our interactions with you;
- to verify and validate your identity to reduce credit risk and manage collections;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights; and
- to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
- to improve or develop new services and product offerings;
- to identify, offer, and contact you with personalized content and advertising, including newsletters, articles, product or service alerts, new product or service announcements, savings awards, event invitations, and other information;
- to conduct market research, surveys, and similar inquiries to help us understand trends and customer needs across product categories or customer groups;
- to notify you of changes to our Website or any products or services we offer;
- for marketing and promotional purposes; and
- to ensure that your shopping experience is as easy and pleasant as possible.
On our Website, we may collect information about your online activities for use in providing you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. We also may obtain information for this purpose from third-party websites on which our ads are served. You also may see our ads on other websites because we use third-party ad networks to serve our ads.
We may also use our own cookies to serve you relevant advertising. We can track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of first and third-party cookies, web server logs, pixels and web beacons. The networks use this information to show you advertisements that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information our ad networks may collect on our behalf includes data about your visits to websites that serve our advertisements, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our Website and on third-party websites that participate in these ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
To understand your choices for receiving more relevant advertising provided on the Website or across other websites and online services, or to opt out, please review the information below:
- To learn more about such interest-based advertising, and to opt out of such collection and use for interest-based advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info.
- To opt out from the use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) member companies, please visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org.
Information We Share
We do not disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described in this Policy.
A. Sharing of Information by You
We offer many ways to find, enjoy, and share content. Your activity in connection with our Website may include filling out surveys, reviewing and rating products or services, inquiring about or purchasing products or services, participation in online communities, “liking” or “sharing” our content to your social media accounts or pages or otherwise interacting with our Website. Any information you may disclose on publicly-facing aspects of our Website or on other third-party websites becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
B. Sharing of Information by Us
We may share personal information with the following:
- Service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us (including to the extent necessary or desirable to fulfill or ship your order or complete your transaction), help us operate our business and the Website, or administer activities on our behalf. These service providers are permitted to use or disclose the information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, manage and reduce our credit risk, verify information, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting, analytics and marketing services.
- Co-Branded Relationships such as advertisers that provide products and services or rewards programs. We may share information with these third parties if you participate in a co-branded, co-sponsored, or jointly presented promotion, contest, survey, voting feature, or service.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information is information that cannot be used to uniquely identify or contact an individual person. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose this non-personal information for any purpose, and which includes non-personal information that may be aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand usage of our Website.
We place a priority on the security of personal information and we have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The Website is not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children. If a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information online, we ask that a parent or guardian please contact us. Please visit the FTC's website at www.ftc.gov for tips on protecting children's privacy online.
The Website may have chat rooms, forums, message boards and newsgroups available to its users. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. As these forums are public and open for users to interact with each other, we expect all its users to respect the rights of others. By using these forums, you agree that we are not responsible for any information that you disclose or communicate in such forums, and any disclosures you make are at your own risk.
Links to Third Party Sites and Services
Access and Retention
If you have a Website account, you can log in to view and update your account information. Please contact us with questions or concerns, to request edits to your personal information, or to have your personal information removed from our database. We keep your personal information for as long as we think is necessary or advisable, and we reserve the right to retain it to the full extent not prohibited by law.
Locations; Data Transfers
The Company is based in the United States. This Website is intended for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative, at your sole risk, and you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. When you access this Website, you understand and acknowledge that we may transfer, process, and store information about you in the United States and other countries, both within and outside of the European Economic Area. By providing us with your information, you consent to the transfer to, and to the processing and storage of your information in, countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country in which you reside.
Modifications to this Policy
How to Contact Us
Your California Privacy Rights
We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") and other California privacy laws. If you are a California resident, you can make certain requests regarding your personal information. We will fulfill each of these requests to the extent required by law.
Information Covered Under the CCPA
As used in this CCPA Disclosure, personal information means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal information does not include: (i) publicly available information from government records; (ii) de-identified or aggregated consumer information; or (iii) personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA) and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA).
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights.
You may request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose, any categories of personal information that we sold about you, the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information, and the business or commercial purpose for selling your personal information, if applicable.
Deletion Request Rights.
You may request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from or about you. Note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, or to comply with a legal obligation.For more information about these and other situations in which we may not delete a California resident’s personal information, please see Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.105(d).
Right to opt-out of the sale of CCPA personal information.
You may request to opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties, for their commercial purposes. This means that, if you opt out, going forward, we will not share your information with such third parties to use for their purposes unless you later direct us to do so. To effect the opt out, please click on the Do Not Sell My Information link on our website footer or submit a request in writing to the contact information below.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. This generally means we will not deny you goods or services, charge different prices or rates, provide a different level of service or quality of goods, or suggest that you might receive a different price or level of quality for goods. Please know, if you ask us to delete or stop selling your data, it may impact your experience with us, and you may not be able to participate in certain programs or membership services which require usage of your personal information to function.
To take advantage of these rights, please email us at email@example.com.
We will need to verify your identity to process your information, access and deletion requests and we reserve the right to confirm your California residency. Government identification may be required. If you wish to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, we will need to verify both your and your agent’s identities and your agent must provide valid power of attorney or other proof of authority acceptable to us in our reasonable discretion. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it. In certain cases, we may be required or permitted by law to deny your request.
What Categories of Information Do We Collect?
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information.
How Do We Collect These Categories of Information?
We collect the personal information above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from consumers
- Service providers
- Publicly available sources and registries
- Business partners
- Third parties authorized to share information with us
Why Do We Collect These Categories of Information?
We use the personal information above for the following purposes:
- Providing products and services to consumers.
- Identifying and preventing fraud.
- Verifying your identity.
- Conducting data analysis and research.
- Improving products and services.
- Marketing and advertising.
- Maintaining internal systems and infrastructure.
- Ensuring compliance with all other applicable laws and regulations.
- Responding to civil, criminal, or regulatory requests.
- For any other use disclosed at or before the point of collecting the personal information.
What Categories of Information Do We Share?
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Who Do We Share Personal Information With?
We share the personal information above with the following parties:
- Advertising and marketing partners.
- Payment processors.
- Business partners
- Service providers
- Third parties with whom you authorize or direct us to share your information
- Government entities and others with whom we share information for legal or necessary purposes
Do We Sell Any Personal Information?
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold personal information as that term is defined under the CCPA.