ELLIE VAIL - CICI HERRINGBONE CHAIN CRESCENT NECKLACE
Materials: Stainless steel
Closure: Lobster clasp
Allergy Information: Hypoallergenic
Our jewelry is pretty low mantience, but to keep your jewelry looking its best follow our below recommendations.
- Store jewelry separately to avoid scratching
- Wipe away dirt and oil buildup with a soft cloth - preferably a microfiber, or jewelry cloth. Dirt and oil buildup will temporarily darken the apperance of the jewelry unless cleaned properly.
- Avoid direct contact with chemicals (lotions, perfumes, ETC) as both will contribute to fading
- Do not sleep in delicate necklaces
*Hypoallergenic jewelry means that there is minimal risk of causing an allergic reaction. We cannot guarantee everyone will have the same experience, but we do recommend hypoallergenic jewelry as the best option for those with sensitive skin.
Domestic Shipping Rates:
- USPS First Class Mail (Standard 4-8 business days) FREE
- USPS Priority Mail (Express 1-3 business days) FREE on orders over $150. This option is available for $9.99 for orders under $150.
- UPS Ground (Standard 1-5 business days) *rates are calculated at checkout
*All carrier delivery timelines are estimates and are not guaranteed.
- Orders placed Monday-Friday before 2:00 PM (EST) will be shipped the same day.
- Orders placed Monday-Friday after 2:00 PM (EST) will be shipped the following day.
- Orders placed Friday after 2:00 PM (EST) or over the weekend will be shipped the following business day.
How do I return?
- Visit our returns page here
- Enter your order number and email address in the requested fields
- Follow the instructions and select the items you want to return
- Once approved, you will get a confirmation email with a pre paid return label
What items are returnable?
You can return your items within 30 days of receipt of your shipment.
- They must be in original condition
- In the original packaging
Are there any charges for return?
- There are no charges for returns
- Original shipping charges are non-refundable
- We offer FREE returns and provide pre paid return labels for all Domestic orders
How soon will I get my refund?
- Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
- If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied original method of payment, within 10 business days.
I wear this almost every day. I’ll even put it on to go to the grocery store. It goes with everything. The only complaint I’d have is the metal loop the clip hooks onto is extremely small, so it’s difficult to put it on myself. Otherwise, flawless!
I received this necklace in a mystery box it’s very good quality and cute absolutely a favorite price from this brand
After gifting me Ellie Vail's Milly ring (and that piece turning into a daily go to of mine) my fiancé ordered me this necklace a couple weeks ago! He got it during one of EV's sample sales, adding the bonus of it being only $25!
The small crescent moon pendant adds such a cute chic touch to the necklace. It's simple and small, but somehow adds SO MUCH style and flare to a plain casual outfit. I wish I could upload a picture to show you what I mean, but I added this necklace to a plain oversized shirt, leggings and sneakers — and it completely transformed the look and feel of the outfit! Also, the BEST part of this necklace (in my opinion) is that you can slide the pendant off, turning it into a simple herringbone chain necklace if you want to! I personally LOVE pieces like this - it's like getting two for one, LOL!
My only downside is (unlike what the picture shows) the necklace has a few extra rings at the end (giving you the option of making it an inch or two longer or shorter). While I understand the purpose of this, the extender rings at the end of this necklace (again, in my opinion) are definitely not the best quality. **Think: the little chain extenders on necklaces from stores like H&M or Forever 21 — versus the one's on Kendra Scott or other quality jewelry store pieces.
While it may not seem like this is a huge deal, I really do not like that (similar to necklaces from lower end stores) the extender chain on this necklace easily caught and ripped at my hair in the back! It has happened every time I've worn it... making it a piece I will only wear if my hair is up! I considered giving less stars due to this (and honestly probably would have if we paid full price for it.) However, given that it was only $25 during the sample sale, the versatility and style of the necklace, and the fact that EV's jewelry is supposedly water and tarnish resistant - I ultimately chose to give it 4 stars.
I do hope someone at EV reads this and does something about their necklace extenders in the future! EV’s jewelry is so appealing, yes, because it’s all hypoallergenic, water, and tarnish resistant (in theory) making them great “everyday” pieces... BUT with these cheap extenders on their necklaces it really cancels out the “everyday wear” factor because I (as I’m sure most people) don’t want to wear a necklace that pulls out your hair everyday.
I hate to belabor the point, but being completely honest, this factor alone has steered me away from purchasing more of EV necklaces (at full price) and really just focus on their selection of rings, bracelets, etc.
As I mentioned though, for the price (I got - this necklace for during the sample sale) coupled with the other good qualities it has, my review of this specific piece lands around 4 stars.